About Beginners Approach
Beginners Approach is a blog for beginners who want to get started into filmmaking and content creation.
This blog’s main aim is to provide easy to understand tips, tutorials, step by step guides and resources related to videography.
In short, Beginners Approach will help you become a self-reliant filmmaker, content creator, etc.
- Choose the right tools according to your budget like dslr/mirrorless camera, post production software like Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve.
- Learn post production workflow
- Learn to produce short films on a tight budget.
Hi, I am Raju. I am the guy behind this blog.
My life long love towards filmmaking became real when DSLRs became mainstream.
Because learning filmmaking in schools was very costly!
I couldn’t afford it. It always was a distant dream and a fantasy.
Enter DSLRs and mirrorless, finally I could produce my own videos.
( I have been in this journey from 2013.)
But one thing always intrigued me – the film look or the cinematic look!
Achieving film look was not easy.
Then started a voracious journey.
- Purchased Sony Legria Camcorder back in 2013.
- Learnt Basics of shooting
- Composition techniques
- Then upgraded to Canon 700d/T5i
- Learnt techniques like Shallow depth of field
- Tested different lenses for low light, zoom, wide angle, etc.
- Learnt basic Editing – Premiere Pro
- Upgraded desktop to handle 1080p, H.264.
- Learnt Color Correction – Premiere Pro
- Upgraded to Fujifilm XT2 mirrorless in 2017
- Learnt Color Grading in DaVinci Resolve.
- Learnt offline editing techniques like proxy workflow to handle 4K, H.264.
- Learnt Sound Design using Adobe Audition, DaVinci Fairlight.
Getting the film look of your choice involves many of the above topics, which I will be discussing in this blog.
The other important lesson in this journey was – I needed to know almost all the departments that go into pre-production, production and post production.
Getting to learn all the different skill-sets polished my end product.
I believe, you are also on the same journey or is pondering on how to get started.
So here I am. I will not consider myself to be an expert in what I am doing.
But I have come a certain distance.
I can share my hard-earned experience to you so that you can cut short the waste that goes into this journey.
Don’t feel frustrated because of many skills that are needed for producing your content.
You’re not alone!
You have to start somewhere.
Keep in mind – There is a lot of demand for video content.
This is the right time to start!
Start slowly. Turn your dream into a reality.